Easy Appetizer: Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip – Perfect for the Holidays!
I imagine most of you are knee-deep in turkey gizzards and cookie dough at the moment (Eww!), and aren’t exactly craving a recipe for Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup as promised, therefore, I’ll put that soup pot on the back-burner for now, and share another easy appetizer with you that is festively perfect for Christmas.
The mix of sweet and savory in this recipe is at first surprising and then addictive. And the colors pop on a holiday spread.
Make this with the Strawberry and Sour Cream Appetizer and Asparagus with Wasabi Mayo Dip posted here as well, and you have a stunning trio of red and green dishes to delight your guests. The best part . . . they’re all super easy appetizers!
Recipe courtesy of: jamiecooksitup.net
Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
Time: 15 minutes prep + 4 hours refrigeration (Letting the mixture sit allows the flavors to blend)
12 oz. package fresh cranberries
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeño pepper
1.5 C sugar (that’s one and one half cups)
1/4 t cumin
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Dash of Salt
2, 8 oz. softened packages of cream cheese
- Put the cranberries in a food processor or a mini chopper and chop them up.
- With a knife, chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper into small pieces.
- Mix the first 8 ingredients in a bowl, cover it, and store it in the fridge for four hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, place your cream cheese bricks on a plate or platter.
- Spread the cream cheese out as evenly as you can.
- Drain off the liquid, pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese, and spread around.
- Serve immediately with Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers or Tortilla Chips.